I’m Christy Swift and this is my landing space. I write geeky love stories, sometimes as smexy romcoms and sometimes as sci-fi with a little heat in the engine coil. I daylight as a freelance writer and social media content provider for medical and technology clients across the country. I’m also editor of the award-winning Heartland LIVING magazine and run the “Dream It, Write It” creative writing club at my daughters’ high school.
I’m represented by Cathie Hedrick-Armstrong of the Purcell Agency.
In my free time, you can find me living my best life in the Florida outdoors or playing the nerdiest board game you’ve ever heard of with my husband, kids, and friends.
A few more things about me.
• I’m a Florida native and graduate of the University of South Florida, Tampa, with a degree in English/Technical Writing
• I have 13 years’ experience as a freelance writer (blogs, social media, website content, feature articles for newspapers and magazines)
• I’ve lived in Spain, Mexico and Canada.
• I’m (mostly) fluent in Spanish.
• Awards: NYC Midnight 2020 placed first in Heats 1 and 2; Newsperson of the Year, Florida Farm Bureau, 2015; Editor’s Choice Award Suite 101
• Favorite genres: science fiction/fantasy
• Favorite books: The Cruel Prince (series) by Holly Black, The Raven Cycle (series) by Maggie Stiefvater
• Favorite movies: Passengers, Avengers (any of them), The Mosquito Coast
• What I’m working on right now: an adult romantic comedy set in the Florida Keys